3/21/2006

performance :: shoegaze returns

japanese shoegaze comes to brooklyn. last night i went to trash bar to check out luminous orange. last week they played a showcase at sxsw in texas. this was an impromptu show booked right before they head back for japan. luminous orange was amazing on stage. shoegaze music has always had a distant relationship with me, never coming to full blossom. only existing on headphones. how long have fans been waiting for another my bloody valentine release? it's been so long, i almost forgot. after seeing luminous orange last night i remembered how much i loved that sound. the pumping drums, chainsaw-in-a-hurricane guitars, and sultry vocals. all i wanted to do was run home and hook up my big muff and mxr pedals and bleed distortion into the night.



luminous orange sail above their influences, where other shoegaze bands are just dependent imitations. the band was so tight on stage. guitarist, fujiii playing this guitar with extreme velocity, and rie, the lead vocalist, keeping a calm and focused stage presence. this show was definitely the best kept secret i've seen this year. all my friends that came loved the show. luminous orange will soon have a new release in the usa on trevor's record label, music related. keep an eye out for it!


:: view short video clips of their live performance ::

3 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was great! so much noise, but, so beautiful, yet so.. rock.
good stuff. super tight.

trevor
musicrelated.net

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

agreed agreed; gave me goosebumps.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger vdodon said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my spam filters for Outlook Express and Outlook. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

 

Post a Comment